Main Menu

Plas Telford

Acrefair, Wrexham, LL14 3AU

Telephone: 0800 183 5757

Compliments, Concerns and Complaints

We strive to achieve the highest standards of customer service and care in serving you. We aim to learn from what you tell us we’re doing well and if you have a concern or a complaint we aim to learn from your feedback.

Telling us when you are dissatisfied with our service is important as it means we have an opportunity to put things right there and then and improve the service in the future.

We welcome your feedback by telephone but you may be asked to complete a concerns and complaint form to ensure we have a full understanding of where we did not meet your expectations. It also helps us to understand what you think should be done to put things right. We can provide help in completing the form.

This information leaflet tells you how to make a compliment, express a concern or make a complaint and what we will do to resolve it promptly and fairly.


If you wish to compliment a service or an employee then you should contact the service you have been dealing with, the Customer Services Team or the Complaints Team. Your feedback will be acknowledged and recorded on our database

Concerns and Complaints

When you express a concern or make a complaint we will usually respond in the way we explain on the next page. However if you’re approaching us for the first time, e.g. if you wish to report a missed maintenance appointment or if you need the assistance of a Housing Officer, then this procedure doesn’t apply. You should first give us a chance to respond to your request. You can make a request for service by contacting either our Customer Services Team or the PenAlyn Maintenance Services Team.

Normally we only look at your concerns or complaints if you tell us about them within 12 months. This is because it’s better to look into things while the issues are fresh in everyone’s mind.


A full copy of our Compliments, Concerns and Complaints Policy can be made available upon request.

Leaflet in  Alternative Formats

If you would like to receive a copy of this information leaflet in a different format, for example, larger print, Braille or tape, please contact our Customer Services Team on:
0800 183 5757

(local rate call)

How we Process your Concerns and Complaints

Stage 1: Informal Resolution

If possible, we believe it’s best to deal with things straight away rather than try to sort them out later. Contact the service you have been dealing with, the Customer Services Team, or the Complaints Team. Your complaint will be recorded and the officer will try to resolve it for you there and then. If the concern or complaint cannot be sorted out informally within about 10 days, or is complicated, it will be investigated at Stage 2.

Stage 2: Formal Investigation

If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from us at the Informal Resolution Stage, you can ask for your complaint to be escalated to Stage 2. Contact the Complaints Team and they will arrange for the complaint to be investigated by the Departmental Director. The attached form is available for your use. We will tell you who has been asked to look into your complaint and we will also ask you what outcome you are hoping for. We aim to resolve Stage 2 complaints within 20 working days from receipt but if your complaint is more complex we will let you know within this time why we think it may take longer to consider.

Stage 3: External Appeal

If we do not succeed in resolving your complaint, you may complain to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.

The Ombudsman is independent of the Pennaf Housing Group and can look into your complaint if you believe that you, personally, or the person on whose behalf you are complaining, have been treated badly or received a bad service.

You can contact the Ombudsman by e-mail or telephone 0845 601 0987. You can also write to Public Services Ombudsman for Wales, 1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae, Pencoed, CF35 5LJ and further information can be found here:

Your requirements

If our usual way of dealing with compliments, concerns and complaints make it difficult for you to use our service, for example if English or Welsh is not your first language or you need to engage with us in a particular way, please tell us so that  we can discuss how we might help you.

The person who is complimenting us or the person who experienced a problem should normally fill in this form. If you are filling this form on behalf or someone else, please fill in section B.

Please note that  before taking forward a complaint we will need to satisfy ourselves that  you have the authority to act on behalf of the person concerned.

Section A: Your Details


for example by e-mail or telephone

Section B: Their details

if different from your details

Section C: About your compliment

Section D: About your concern / complaint

If so, please give brief details of how and when you did so

I agree that I have read and understood the terms and conditions set out by the Privacy Statement.

Please enter your search term below...
Enter your details to sign up to our Newsletter x

I agree to the terms and conditions

Please select what areas you are interested in.